Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Gospel #5

Biblical Discernment

My Gospel
5

jacksdon@gmail.com


We are privileged to live in the “church-age.” Paul says that the Lord Jesus Christ gave to him, for us, the dispensation of the grace of God [the church-age].

Ephesians 3:2,3 – “If ye have heard of the dispensation of the Grace of God WHICH IS GIVEN TO ME to you ward: How that by REVELATION He made known unto me THE MYSTERY.”

Acts 20:24 – “But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry which I HAVE RECEIVED OF THE LORD JESUS, to testify the gospel of the Grace of God.”

Paul identifies himself with this God-given gospel over and over much like Moses did with his word from God to Israel. Paul says “my gospel”, “the gospel given to me”, etc.

Just as Moses was given the pattern for the Tabernacle and the furnishing [Exodus 25:9], Paul was given the pattern for the Body of Christ. In fact, he became the pattern for all those who would follow after –

1 Timothy 1:16 - “….that in me FIRST, Jesus Christ might show forth all long suffering, FOR A PATTERN to them who should hereafter believe on Him to life everlasting.

Since he is our pattern, we are to follow Paul:

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 1 Cor. 11:1
Wherefore, I beseech you, be ye followers of me. 1 Cor. 4:16
Brethren, be followers together of me, … Phil. 3:17

Paul tells us that his gospel is “hidden” to them that are LOST. He tells us that the god [small ‘g’] of this age has blinded the minds of them who believe not. 2 Cor. 4:3,4.

Perhaps this is the reason that we seldom hear of Paul’s “my gospel” or the “dispensation of the grace of God.”

Satan just does not want Paul’s gospel preached. Some years ago I was discussing Spiritual matters with a minister. I asked him, “Are we to preach the gospel of the grace of God or the gospel of the kingdom?” His reply is very revealing; “The gospel of the kingdom, of course.”

Paul prays for boldness to make known the “mystery of the gospel.” Eph. 6:19.

He also tells us that we are to “Make all men see what is the fellowship [i.e., dispensation] of the mystery….” Ephesians 3:9

And, “…to preach the unsearchable [untraceable, pass finding out in the O.T. or the gospels] riches of Christ.” Ephesians 3:8b. These “unsearchable riches” can only be found in Paul’s epistles.

No comments:

About Me

Married to my wonderful wife [Judy] for 50+ years. Three super daughters, Susan, Ph.D., Mendy, MS, Kelley, BS RN. Serious student of the Word of God. Study the Bible from the mid-Acts dispensational position.